THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Donna Mccormack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 12:52:45 -0400
Someone mentioned wondering which comes first the allergies or the thyroid
problem.  I can tell you from experience that my daughter developed allergies
about 2 years ago and about a year ago we started immunotherapy for them.
Now we are dealing with Graves, an autoimmune response/disease.  Our
homeopathic Dr suggested we stop the immunotherapy, which we did immediately.
Sometimes I wonder if introducting the allergens into the body by doing this
immunotherapy was a wise thing to do.  Homeopathics believe like cures like,
and I am a believer in that, but ...............is this all one big
coincidence?

Funny, that while we are being treated for Graves by the Endo and the
homeopathic Dr that my daughters allergies have not kicked up in almost 2
months.......Maybe that means who the homeopathic Dr is doing is working on
both the allergies and the Graves...........It can;t be the allopathic Dr.
unless someone tells me that Beta Blockers, PTU, MMI or Synthryoid have
anything to do with stopping allergies.........

Donna McCormack
Jus Appy Farm