THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Skipper Beers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 10:23:42 -0500
>From:    Kathy Froese <[log in to unmask]>

>Skipper, could you list drugs that have "some form of
>magnesium"?  Are you referring to magnesium stearate?

Probably.  It's a common filler.   It may be they don't use enough to
interfere with thyroid absorption, but I don't know that.  Other medications
use forms of calcium as a filler, something else known to interfere with
thyroid absorption.

I've seen forms of calcium and magnesium in the ingredients of many
medications, and they could conceivably interfere with thyroid absorption.
I don't know for sure they do, but they might.

Skipper

  Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - <http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?SUBED1=thyroid&A=1>
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]