THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Thyroid UK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:51:56 +0000
Natan Gesher <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Subject: Why am I so heat-sensitive?
>
>My Hashimoto's Thyroiditis was very difficult to diagnose because the
>first symptom I noticed was heat-sensitivity - at the time, I
>actually couldn't decide if I was hyper- or hypothyroid. Now that I
>am treating it with Armour Thyroid, and feeling much better, I still
>find myself sweating profusely when it's warm outside or when I do
>any physical work outdoors (every day, actually).
>
>I imagine this might have something to do with overworked adrenals,
>but all the tests have come up negative (perhaps because my thyroid
>is already being treated). Or is it possible the cause is T4 and that
>I should focus on getting only T3?

Hi Natan

Sorry, I can't answer your question but I have Hashimoto's too and
suffer from the same problem.

Carol

7.5 today! http://messenger.msn.co.uk

  Thyroid Welcome Message (Instructions) Always Available
 Anyone can obtain a fresh, new copy of the Thyroid Welcome
 message at any time (24/7) by sending an e-mail message
 saying only "get Thyroid Welcome" (remove quotes) to our
 sleepless robot at <[log in to unmask]>. Its free.