THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Thyroid UK <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:42:18 +0000
Nathan writes:
Yesterday morning I went to see my general practice doctor. He was very
concerned that my TSH is so low and even displayed my latest test results on
his computer screen. My TSH result was bold and in red, almost screaming
"danger." The doctor seems to think I'm about to die of hyperthyroidism.
Meanwhile I sleep 10-12 hours a day and spend the rest of my time yawning,
can't speak or think properly, am almost always cold, and am clearly
hypothyroid. He'd previously suggested that I lower my dose of Eltroxin
(Synthroid) from ~135 MCG/day to ~128 MCG/day. I tried that for a few weeks
to humor him, then went back to ~135 because I felt worse. So yesterday he
told me he thinks it's time I find another doctor, because I never listen to
what he says. I insisted that I do listen, that I even took his suggestion
against my better judgment, but on the inside I was thinking, "of course I
don't listen to you - you don't have a clue what you're talking about!"

<Snip>

Nathan

You might find this site interesting:

<http://www.drrind.com/thyroidscalematrix.asp>

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger

  Thyroid Welcome Message (Instructions) Always Available
 Anyone can obtain a fresh, new copy of the Thyroid Welcome
 message at any time (24/7) by sending an e-mail message
 saying only "get Thyroid Welcome" (remove quotes) to our
 sleepless robot at <[log in to unmask]>. Its free.