THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:30:09 EST
>>I'm on 100 mcg of Levoxyl.<<
That's a big jump from zero if it was the first time you have been given
thyroid meds.  For some reason most doctors start low and work up.  An elder
friend's otherwise incompetent doctor, after I (as Power of Attorney for her)
requested testing for her thyroid levels, gave her the full dose of 125 mcg right
away.  She had two weeks of hell but did well after that, until her doctor
messed things up again.

Cortisol levels (that differ throughout the day and possibly from day to day,
depending on what kinds of stresses you experience and the condition of your
adrenal glands, affect the conversion of T4 to T3 or Reverse T3.  Doctors
should not give thyroid meds without addressing possible cortisol issues (and most
doctors I've met, except for Doc Don, do not know how to talk intelligently
on that topic).  If you have T4 to T3 conversion problems, T3 (Cytomel) or the
mixture of Ts (Armour) or a combination of both might work better.  Some do
very well with Armour, some do poorly, but something should work right for you.

I've had the same feelings with my eyes from allergies and when I got a
"cold" in my eyes (adeno virus).  But check out the thyroid med connection.

Peg

  Control Your Self-Serve Thyroid Account Here
Rules - mailto:[log in to unmask]
NoMail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Mail - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Not DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
DAILY DIGEST - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Stop Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Attachments - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Force Subject: [THYROID] - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Subscribe - <http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?SUBED1=thyroid>
Unsubscribe - mailto:[log in to unmask]
Thyroid Archives - http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html
Contact List Owners - mailto:[log in to unmask]