ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jeremy Gilley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:24:32 -0500
To the list at large,
Hello one and all, some of you may remember me or not, I am Jenifer's
husband Jeremy.  I have quietly signed back up with the list once again
and just have been sitting  back and just enjoying the emails and
praying for those who ask for prayer requests.  Now if you all do not
mind, I would like to send out a prayer request out.
Myself and Jen have been looking for a new church since we got married.
I am also eager to hear what the list thinks of this experience, when
this happened, I will admit I had goose bumps on the spot.
Like I stated above we are looking for a new church to attend.  I have
been praying about this for some time.  We both agreed that we would
like to attend some kind of assembly of GOD church.  I have since then
done some research on the net for those kinds of church in and around
our area.
I came up with 3 such churches.  Bethel Assembly of GOD, New Hope, and
Taylor Assembly of GOD.  We had agreed to try each one for a month pray
about each one then go back to the church we both thought was the best.
Ok, in the mean time we had to do some shopping this last Wednesday,
now, here is where things get interesting.  Since both myself and my
beautiful wife are visually impaired, we usually get shopping
assistance.  The gentleman who helped us was probably one of the better
people who has helped us.  During the time we were there, we got to
talking about how we met our spouses, he stated that he met his in
church... I popped up and asked him what church?  He stated Bethel
Assembly of GOD... folks, the exact church that was on our list to
attend and the very church we said we would try first starting this up
and coming Sunday.  I told him this, at this point the goose bumps
started... a few minutes later, he offered to pick me and my wife up for
church this Sunday.  My wife also stated between her and I that she
would like to find a small church, one that we can get to know the
people of whom we would be worshiping GOD with.  Again, I asked the
question, About how many people attend your church?  He said roughly 100
people of witch a lot of people are very newly weds like ourselves.  He
also stated that the pastor there was good, and that the pastor asks
everyone to pray for 5 minutes
 Every day about something, and that something the pastor would say at
the start of every week... this week just so happened to be about the
economy.  Folks here I am, having loads of all these thoughts in my
head, and this church being the one that was on our first list to attend
this Sunday? Wow.  I am sorry for rambling like this, and swear I will
try not to do it again... but here is the thing... I felt like I was
burned on my last church, I don't want to get burned again...  My
request is this... to help myself and Jenifer to make the right choice
of what church to attend... what happened this past week would lead me
to believe that GOD is in control and would like us to attend this
bethel assembly of GOD church, but you know how the DEVIL is, he could
think that he would not like myself and Jenifer to start growing in GOD
and throw this in our path, a church that would have no good teaching,
or what ever, and make it look like this is all GODS doing, I also don't
want to second guess GODS doing either.  I have been praying that what
happened was truly the work of GOD, and not something playing with my
hopes of finding a new church.
Thanks so much for any prayers, and again sorry for rambling.
Your brother in Christ
Jeremy