From:
swohletz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 17:40:24 -0700

I was having trouble figuring out how to have a wedding cake that included cake I could eat....I ended up calling a bakery my caterer recommended to have part of the cake not gluten free and they said they can have some of the layers be flourless chocolate cake (I've had this before with no trouble and I think it's much better than wedding cake for sure!).  This is a more affordable option for sure than some of the other things I'd considered, and they were well aware of cross-contamination issues and willing to help me with all the details!  It might take a little work to find people that are knowledgeable, but this dessert is common and well-known by most bakeries and caterers from what I can tell.   Wow, I just thought I'd share for any planning a wedding now or in the future.
Susan