From:
"Thorn, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Thorn, Michael
Date:
Wed, 8 Feb 2006 10:15:32 -0500

We had our support group meeting last night and our vendor was Food-Tek.

I had seen the some of their products at other events. They are unique. You can make single serving pieces of cake or cornbread in minutes using a microwave. They also have traditional baking items.

They have an entirely new product that they developed based on suggestions from celiacs.

You can make fresh white bread slices in about 2 minutes. One minute is just mixing the prepared mix with water and pouring it into the molds.
You microwave it for about a minute (maybe less) and you have two hot slices of bread.

It was actually pretty amazing to watch. The bread is light, vitamin enriched. They suggest toasting it and they actually treated us to some grilled cheese sandwiches made on the spot. The bread does not crumble in your hands....

We bought up their kits. The starter kit with the two mold was $7.99 and it mix included makes eight slices of bread. The refills are $4.99 and make eight slices of bread.

I think it is really great for work or traveling. It would work well with the toastabags.

Also they said that they will soon have a product for children that can be used in an Easy Bake oven..totally gf.

You can check out the bread at
http://www.glutenfreesolutions.org/Products/WhiteBread.php

Michael Thorn
Suffolk County (NY) Celiacs - a Branch of GIG

(I have no financial interest in the company. I just enjoy their products.)