Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2006 22:58:26 EST

Hi all:
The SnoCoCeliac Support Group will reconvene at 7pm on January 10, 2006 in
the Group Health Northshore (Bothell) Clinic Conference Room A. Please contact
me ASAP if you need directions to that location. Also please print out the
following for a paper copy of our meeting agenda:

INTRODUCTIONS FOR NEW ATTENDERS: Please state your name and how you learned
you have gluten intolerance or were diagnosed with CD and when.

OLD BUSINESS:
EVENING ENTRANCE PROBLEMS: Michelle Baxter of the Northshore GHC Clinic
reassured me that our evening entrance door WILL be open at 6:30pm for our members
to access their building. However, she also gave me her pager number and said
she lives very near the clinic. Hopefully someone who arrives early has a cell
phone (I do not), if we have entrance problems.

NEW BUSINESS:
2006 CELIAC AWARENESS WALK: Our annual GIG Celiac Awareness walk and GF
Vendor Food Fair will occur on May 20 at Greenlake Community Center from 9 am until
12 noon (with registration beginning at 8am). We still need volunteers. We
will distribute registration forms at our April meeting. If anyone would like to
volunteer to help with the walk or take the information brochure/registration
forms to local clinics and businesses, please contact me.

TRAVELLING WITH CD SEMINAR
Earl Ley announced this upcoming seminar at our last meeting.
All about gluten-free travel - presented by Bob Levy of Bob and Ruth's
Travel. www.bobandruths.com
Date: Feb 26, Sunday 1-5 PM
LOCATION: Group Health Capitol Hill Clinic (Formerly GHC Central Hospital) at
15th & East John St. in Seattle. Room to be announced later by Earl Ley.

FEBRUARY MEETING FREEBEES FROM NAMASTE: Namaste sent free samples in the form
of powdered MIXES. Would anyone or 2 like to bake 2 of those mixes (brownies
and cookie mix) and bring to our February meeting? I'll bake the other mix and
bring the product to share.

WHOLE FOODS GF MARKET TOUR ON SATURDAY, JANUARY 28:
FREE event with Chef Michael Blackwell from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on
Saturday, January 28: In this 11/2-hour tour we will explore ingredients, healthy
snack foods, the cereal aisle and even our own Gluten Free Bakehouse offerings.
After our tour we will talk about gluten free choices and then cook and eat
some of what we found. The tour is limited to the first 12 people who sign up.
As with all classes, please sign up at the Customer Service desk.

Whole Foods Market
Roosevelt Square
1026 NE 64th Street
Seattle, WA 98115
206.985.1500
206.985.8500 fax
Website: http://www.wholefoods.com/stores/calendars/RSQ.html

DISCOVERY U CLASS ON GLUTEN FREE BAKING:
Sonya Joseph will teach a ($44) class Gluten Free Transition Made Easy on
Monday, January 16, 6:30-9:30pm in the Northgate area. Topics include converting
your kitchen to Gluten Free, Eating at Restaurants, Being a Gluten Free guest,
Baking Gluten Free goodies and Shopping for a Gluten Free Lifestyle. To
register Call Discover U at 206-365-0400 or email [log in to unmask]

GLUTEN FREE GOODIES TO SHARE: Our January meeting will have donations of
cookies, cereal samples and snack bars from Enjoy Life Foods and pretzels and a
few 2-slice bread samples from Ener-G Foods.

DISCUSSION TOPIC: BEYOND GLUTEN FREE: Healthy Lifestyle Habits - Even after
we remove gluten from our diets many of us still struggle with symptoms. We all
know what's best for our own bodies; consider habits such as HOW and WHEN we
eat as well as WHAT we eat, taking supplements, improving our sleep and
exercise habits, changing how we cope with stress and coping with other health
problems.

I hope to see you all on January 10, 2006 at the GHC Northshore Clinic.

SUE CORNING
Leader/Facilitator
SNOCOCELIAC SUPPORT GROUP