ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:42:20 -0600
Phil,

The Lord can well take care of those fried brain cells Brooke may have. I
know a guitarist when I was back in Texas, he played on sooo many records
back in the 60's and 70's, and was the typical druggie rock guitarist.  He
was Richie Valens guitarist, played with the Beach Boys, Michael
Jackson  and sooo many it is unreal, in fact Elvis wanted him to be his
guitarist  ... next time you hear the little riff starting  "Don't Be
Cruel"? that's him lol. Anyway he was a big druggie partying with even
Charles Manson and just was a fried dude. In fact Brian Wilson of the Beach
Boys and Mike, who  is the guitarist I'm referring to, over dosed the same
time, the difference is these days Mike is a pastor of a church in Texas
now and a very astute guy, sharp as a tack and got the Lord, while old
Brian keeps very close contact with his therapist I guess even had him
travel with them on tour. I know God can take those cells and regenerate
them to work for him... what an awesome testimony she is beginning to live
out even now.

Brad

At 01:05 PM 2/10/2006 -0700, you wrote:
>Brad and Ned,
>
>Gretchen is freaked out over Brook.  this is because Brook's mind has been
>fried and she is a little more than weird at times.  So them living together
>may end up not working.  By the way, over two years ago, when Gretchen was
>on the street, sort of speak, Gretchen screwed everything that moved.  This
>included married men, Brook's own boy friend, and if someone would had held
>its head, as the old cowboy used to say, she would have screwed even a
>snake.  A little street talk there but when dealing with druggies, felons, x
>cons, and butt heads in general, they have trouble even understanding normal
>Christian communications.  Frankly, Brook seems to want to do what is right
>more than my daughter.  Brook still goes to work, no matter what, every day
>and right now, she has two jobs.  Gretchen will skip work, come home, say
>she is going to pick something up for the shop and be gone for 90 minutes
>when the store is just down the street, and a whole lot of other things
>along these lines.  Brook calls me and tells me where she is, when she is
>coming home, how she is getting home, never misses sunday services, has
>already prayed with me three times more than my own daughter, sits and talks
>and tells me about her fears, and literally tries to do what is right.  Yes,
>she is a little goofy at times when the panic and anxiety are off the wall.
>You should have seen me four years ago when I was even hearing voices.
>Brook isn't at that stage yet so thank God for that.  Gretchen is freaked
>about Brook for probably more reasons than one.  One being spiritual in
>nature, I think, but also Gretchen knows she could have easily ended up this
>way and still might.  with all that alcohol and drugs, and so called friends
>who screw you literally, using your body for their own enjoyment, your mom
>dying suddenly, your dumb butt dad leaving you and is no where to be found,
>and your own brothers and sisters missing, a car wreck that not only just
>about took your life but put you in the hospital for weeks and where someone
>was killed, by the way, the criminal boys in the van?  They weren't hurt and
>bailed out and ran before the cops got there.  Great friends, leaving you
>there to die and all.  So, ad some burn brain cells on top of all this,
>Brook has problems.  she may end up in a hospital and on medications.  In
>fact, it wouldn't surprise me if that did happen.  I learned something over
>the last three years of ministry that I never realized before.  I was
>praying about someone I was praying with at the time.  I told the Lord, this
>person may never be normal.  The Holy Spirit clearly said back to me, That
>isn't your responsibility.  You do your job and I'll do mine.  The truth is,
>the Lord said, this person does not need to be as they are now and the part
>you are involved in is all your responsibility.  The truth almost made me
> [...]

Brad

   God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, not his extra