ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Stahl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Stahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:35:25 -0500
All right, Brad, and all, I'm ready to hang myself.  Does anyone
out there have any rope?  LOL!  I believe that one problem we
Christians have is with the concept of mustard seed faith.  Most
believers, in fact, most people, misinterpret what Jesus said.
Here is an example taken from Luke 17:5-6.  "And the apostles
said unto the Lord, Increase our faith. And the Lord said, If ye
had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this
sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou
planted in the sea; and it should obey you."
Please note that Jesus said, "If ye have faith as a grain of
mustard seed."  He did not say, "If ye have faith the size of a
grain of mustard seed," like most people tend to think.
Remember, the apostles asked Jesus to increase their faith.
The very point Jesus was trying to make is that a mustard seed
grows when it is planted, watered, and receives sunlight.
Likewise, our faith should grow once we become believers,
start praying and reading the Bible, and watching God working
through other believers.  I think, however, that the church has its
priorities reversed.  The church is seeking after signs and
wonders, rather than helping people in their current condition;
and Jesus said, "An evil and adulterous generation seeketh
after a sign."  If the church would return the emphasis to the fruit
of the Spirit, then the gifts of the Spirit, the signs and wonders,
would have their rightful place.  But iniquity has abounded in
these days, just like the Bible said it would, and the love of
many, in fact, most people, has grown cold.  This is happening
even within the church, insomuch that it is often hard to
distinguish believers from unbelievers.  And you wonder why
there aren't many miracles today?  Remember, the apostles
taught love, equality, fairness, helpfulness, and suchlike;
and signs and wonders followed them.  Today, churches are
fighting and arguing among themselves.  Most people won't
even provide transportation to church for the disabled,
not counting offering help for other purposes.  Where are the
signs?  Where are the wonders?  Where are the miracles?
One reason God is withholding them these days is that the
church as a whole is selfish.  It has left its first love.  You cannot
love God, if you do not love your brother; and most believers
don't truly love their brothers and sisters.  The church is selfish.
It wants the glory and honor for any signs and wonders,
and God will not share His glory with another.
Several years ago while preparing for Sunday school lessons,
I identified at least eight other reasons why there is suffering,
and why it's not always God's will to heal; but that's way too
much to share at this time.  Are you all ready to kill me now?
David
Don't let the god of this world be the God of your world.