ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 09:25:44 -0600
Kathy,

You wrote...
"Why is it easier to believe that God can cure a back ache or a head ache
that can't be seen and is totally subjective and not my eyes, which would
actually require physical reconstruction?"

Bingo sister! It is curious too why, and perhaps it is me only, that we
hear of folks being healed of one leg longer than the other and not one
like us with an obvious life changing ailment??? Why is that or is it just
me? Also you are right in saying many walk away looking at our's or other's
situations "Gee I'm thankful I'm not in that situation". I did even see
some of that in the devotion Rhonda posted. It is sooooo easy for people to
say "God has blessed you with the ability to handle your situation,
praise  and glory to him who gave you patience and look all you learned
from this situation", and then they hop in their car and drive
home.  Granted I bet we do the same with those we feel have harder cards to
play in life. It is a different perspective when   someone with an
affliction gives glory for the illness, but to me, and I reluctantly say
anything here as I said I don't want to pull at anyone's beliefs that
enable them to cope, but I can't see  glory in that either.  Perhaps I'm
not spiritually mature to that point yet, maybe that's it. I do however see
a gigantic  opportunity for people to see God's glory in my healing. I know
many blind vendors here in WI, plus having been blind for sometime now,
gotten to know many blind folks, and of course we become pegged as the
blind guy who does this or does that by sighted folks, and then of course
our relatives, think of that impact. I wonder what they'd do or say or
wonder if they saw me driving next week, looking them square in the eye,
waving and smiling hahaha? Now there's opportunity for glory. And you know
what? Isn't that what Jesus meant and demonstrated with the blind guy when
the disciples asked him who sinned this man or his parents? And Jesus said
neither but for the glory of God, then he spit in mud, swiped his eyes and
said wash off dude and you'll be flashing them baby blues. And didn't the
blind man give credit to Jesus? Who in turn gave credit to the
Father?  Perhaps I am a bit *snapping fingers* what's the word I'm looking
for... rebellious? Brash? No no, I don't know the word, upfront
maybe???  anyway it is almost  rather than to say God wills me this way and
get's glory out of it,  I  can't help  not hiding my thoughts in saying "OK
God. Point blank here, no more games, no more fooling around with this
thing. Do you heal or don't you? And if so, why not me so I can fix what is
out of your will and move on with the life you given me in a way I was
originally equipped to do! If you don't then I know the score and I'll fall
in place and accept that."  I don't mean that disrespectfully, but I also
can't feel one way and hide it from him. That's just foolishness.

Brad