ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
April Reisinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 13:26:48 -0500
Troubling, isn't it?  Yesterday afternoon when I went to sing at an historic
site, there was a woman there who works at the Ohio State School for the
Blind, my alma mater in whom I place much love and admiration.  When our
driver spoke of the Lions Club, the woman spoke up and said, "Yes, and they
bring gifts to the children at the school for Saint Nicholas Day."  I said,
"Saint Nicholas Day" what in the world is that?"

And I ask you, what in the world are we teaching our kids?  Is Saint
Nicholas really supplanting Christ?  "Thou shalt have no other gods before
me."  Surely this is a sinful nation and a dreadful tribute to you know who.
Blasphemy.

April