From:
Barb & Glenn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barb & Glenn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Feb 2006 11:48:59 -0600

Dear Listmembers,

I just found out that Camp Barnabas near Springfield,Missouri is going to offer a week of summer camp for kids with chronic illnesses this summer.  (You might remember Camp Barnabas from a recent episode of Extreme Makeover - Home Edition.)   Children with celiac disease are going to be included in this week which is number 5.

From what I understand, they have someone on staff at the camp who has celiac disease.  I have contacted them for more information and am waiting to hear, but you can go to www.campbarnabas.org and view their camp information.

The phone number to the Springfield office is 417-886-9800 and the camp office phone number is 417-476-2565 if you wish to call and get more information.

I don't know if there are any other summer camps in the Midwest that accomodate celiac disease, but I thought that someone might be looking for one.

Hope that this information is helpful,

Barbara in Missouri

Disclaimer ---  I am a volunteer and not a medical expert, but I can share with you information that I have found helpful.  Please contact your medical professional for medical advice regarding your situation.  Please verify the gluten free status of products often for your own protection.