ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2006 21:32:18 -0800
I didn't know my remarks were inflammatory.  I didn't referred to a monster
or whatever you thought.  a monstrance is monstrance.
(Roman Catholic Church) a vessel (usually of gold or silver) in which the
consecrated Host is exposed for adoration.  I said I had never seen one and
I wanted to know from whomever what one might look like.  Sorry.  As far as
taking communion in the hand this was only begun in the catholic church
maybe 35 or so years ago.  Before then it was taken on the tongue.  It was
not to be touched by the teeth because it was sacred.  I am sorry if I
offended you by referring to the monstrance.  We Catholics spend many
holidays adoring the consecrated host.