ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 11:39:11 -0800
This is because Mathew was Jewish and Luke was Greek.  The Greeks held women
in higher esteem than did the Jews.  Mathew Mark and Luke are called the
synoptic Gospels.  Mark was written first, and is the shortest, Mathew was
written next then Luke was written.  We must remember also all the gospels
were written a while after Jesus' ascension as the apostles felt Jesus would
come within their lifetimes therefore there would be no need to write an
account of his life.