C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 11:39:59 -1000
It's a very stressful time for us all, as a nation, as a family, as
members of the world community and then add extraordinary individual
burdens.....and yeah it's disturbing. I read about this new therapy
in one of the national weeklies called ACT or acceptance commitment
therapy. It sounded interesting even helped in a parkinson's study
with balance.
The idea is you say to yourself I am having the thought that my job
is stressful or I am having the thought that I am irritated. It helps
put it in perspective I guess. He also says its ok not to be happy.
Depression is sometimes the only way we can deal with grief, sadness,
or some deep emotions.