C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 7 Jul 2005 14:24:30 EDT
Kendall,

I agree with less invasive first, also.  Didn't mean to sound like I
advocated the pump. It would probably take an act of congress to get me to agree to a
pump for my son.  I prefer natural methods, if available, and am very
skeptical of doctors and drugs in general.  It's good that you have a good neurologist
who listens and whom you trust.

I'm just a frustrated Mom who wants it all for my boy with no side effects
;-)  You are getting a taste of that yourself, I think.  Spasticity is very
frustrating, but it is a part of cp.  We always have to be careful that the
treatment isn't worse than the disease, don't you think?  Beware of that CPPARENT
list!  They are a "cure 'em" bunch!  I only suggest it because there is so much
medical discussion there.

Best,
Wanda

"It has become appallingly clear that our technology has exceeded our
humanity."
Albert Einstein