Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2006 18:03:22 -0700
Hi, I reformated my computer after 4 years being trouble free. I found that suddenly I couldnt surf on the net no matter what I did. What I didnt realise was that Microsoft had updated my system  just previous to that problem. After formating  I have found a number of different errors on bootup. not always the same errors  1 being that my cpu speed was incorrect on shutdown. 2 I kept getting memory dump on startup. 3  Windows error of either a corrupt default config file or it couldnt be found. 4 Software config file was either corrupt or couldnt be found.  The last few times I couldnt bootup past the post at all, not even in safe mode which used to work with all the other errors. I have tried a number of hard drives thinking it was that but still no luck . I am running win2000pro with all the patches, cpu is athlon 1800+ set at 1533. cpu has a large heat sink and fan. The only other thing I can think of is cmos battery is almost dead or cpu and or motherboard needs replacing? is there anything I am overlooking here?
Hope someone can help out.
Thanks
Steve

                         PCBUILD's List Owners: