Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2006 17:32:03 -0500
Adam Sroka wrote:

> [log in to unmask] wrote:
>
>> help!  I just got my first duck and need to know if there's anything
>> special you do to it or any tips on cooking it.... i thought it would
>> be just like a small turkey but a friend said that it requires
>> "special" cooking... but she had no idea what!

I don't do anything special to a duck. Duck is much greasier than turkey
or chicken
but that's one thing I like about it. I rub the duck with lemon juice
and herbs and
then roast it in the oven. You may want to drain off some of the oil. If
gets to be too
much and starts to fry. That's about it though for the difference.