From:
Andrea Hughett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2006 07:02:15 -0800
--- Jules <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Anyone know what drinks other than wine and mead are
> made without grain,
> dairy, or other additives and sweeteners?

Cider, perry (like cider, but made with pears), any
number of flower or herbal drinks. (The sweetener
would still be honey, but at some nebulous point the
drink becomes dandelion wine rather than spiced mead.)
Can you ferment maple sap, perhaps reduced somewhat
but not as much as for syrup? Root beer? I seem to
recall recipes for fermented drinks made from root
vegetables such as turnips or carrots, but don't
recall if they have additonal sweetener.

Waes hail!

Andrea of Anglespur
kitscaa Gwervyl verch Hywel Gwyddwyllt
So many books, so little time!

Sponsored Link

For just $24.99/mo., Vonage offers unlimited local and long- distance calling.