From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Mar 2006 14:26:47 -0800
Todd Moody wrote:

> William wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 09 Mar 2006 17:16:12 -0500, i devi <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>>  "On another forum, there are a few people who keep pushing Ajonus's
>> books and diet philosophy but somehow never want to elaborate with
>> any details or research oriented info."
>>
>> His work is based on personal experience, not academic.
>
> I have no trouble with people sharing their experiences, but when they
> take those experiences and generalize them as principles for all
> people to follow, as Vonderplanitz does, but without subjecting those
> principles to rigorous testing, then I think it should be called what
> it is: cult nutrition.  We have enough of that, including cult
> nutrition that comes out of so-called scientific laboratories.  We
> don't need more.
>
>> "It doesn't inspire confidence. Neither does the price on his books."
>>
>> It requires desperation. It has worked for those who need it.
>
> Indeed?  And what disinterested observer has kept score of those for
> whom it has worked and those for whom it hasn't?  The internet, and
> for that matter the bookstores, are full of "systems" of diet and
> exercise, not to mention golf swings, lotto systems, etc., all of
> which are supported by glowing testimonials from people for whom they
> "worked."
>
> Todd Moody

Todd,

I happen to know Aajonus and can (sort of) play the role of
disinterested observer of his program and some of the people following
his diet. He does not consider his primaldiet a paleo diet. He thinks
that most modern "paleo" eaters include much more fruit than would have
been available to hunter/gather peoples. Also the fruit available then
was nothing like what we have today. Think crab apples for comparison.
Small not particularly sweet, etc. He feels that eating raw foods will
bring our bodies back into balance and allow us to be healthy. He also
thinks that our food should be clean, unadulterated and pure. We have a
private food buying club in Los Angeles set up mainly to service people
following his diet plan. I am blessed to have access to this food. He
worked hard to make raw milk available for sale in Los Angeles. I met
him in 1997 and bought his first book. When I met him I had been a
fruitarian for 3 years and had started eating raw tuna once a week. He
told me that I needed raw red meat at least 4 times a week. I was
hesitant but read his book and decided to try red meat. I went up to
Santa Barbara to see Deborah and Zephyr. They were both eating an
instincto diet at the time. This was just before Zephyr had his
trichinosis experience. I had a chance to experience a number of raw
animal meats and Deborah gave me some New Zealand venison to take home.
Within weeks I gained twenty pounds of muscle and felt much better
physically. Now 9 years later, I am healthy at 68 and stronger than I
have ever been. I am much healthier than my parents were at this age. I
have seen many of the people following Aajonus's diet recommendations.
Most appear to me as doing well. I have known some people with cancer
who have died but not due to eating raw foods. They basically came to
him after being told by their doctor that their condition was terminal.
They seem to have lived longer and in less pain. He started out looking
for a way to heal himself and over the years has applied what he learned
to others with a lot of successes. He has worked with over a thousand
people over the last twenty years. He travels around the US and outside,
giving workshops and consultations. There area number of people
criticizing Aajonus but I look at his products (healthy people) and see
a lot of positive results. YMMV