Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 19:33:17 -0500
On Sun, 16 Jan 2005 23:48:18 +0000, Ashley Moran
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> What dose of zinc did you take William?

I took 30mg pill/day for years before I started paleo, and continued the
zinc until I learned what harm it does without copper. I don't remember
when that was.
I fear all pills now. Assume they unbalance the body, and we don't really
know what else might be in them.

> When you say this- do you mean paleo cured your zinc deficiency, or you
> started taking zinc supplements at the same time?

Paleo cured the zinc deficiency. The reason I took zinc was bad migraines,
which always re-appeared about 3 weeks after I stopped taking the pill.
Some time after starting paleo I stopped zinc, and never had another
migraine. It was originally raw paleo and real kefir made from raw milk
only for quite a while.

  Do you think there
> is any hope for my thyroid and adrenal glands?

Yes.
I was diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency a few years ago. The test IIRC
is blood pressure is supposed to rise when one stands from sitting or
lying. Mine didn't change. This problem has also disappeared.
I used to make a simple beef stew, and always put powdered seaweed in it;
the iodine might have supported thyroid function enough that such problem
was not noticed. Never been tested for thyroid function though. Too lazy
to do the temperature test.

  I am only 22, and
> although I stay relatively fit and active, sometimes I feel like I'm
> swimming against the tide.  I remember the change in me when I was
> about 10- when the milk started to wear me away.  I'd love to feel as
> alive as I did when I was 8 or 9; in fact, even *half* as good would be
> an improvement.

I'm 67, and would be very happy to feel the way I did at 50.

Really, I think paleo is only half the solution. The other is to eliminate
or at least reduce the environmental poisons both within and without,
notably the xeno-estrogens found almost everywhere. For instance I read
recently that there is something nasty in lipstick, so be careful what you
kiss. ;)

William