C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tamar Raine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 12:00:48 -0700
speaking of weather, I recently saw a PBS program that explored why the
great Angkor and Mayan civilizations died.  They used sattelite photography
to weed out the building sites through the jungle that is now there.
Apparently they got too big, too massive, and there was too much clear
cutting, which caused floods and drought, and the eventual wars over water
rights killed them. The good news is that when left alone, these jungles
grew back. So hopefully we can learn from these great civilazations, and
halt our clear cutting before we get to the point of extinction.  Have i
said I reccomend the movie An Inconvient Truth? it is a must see! Al Gore
explains that the experts really all agree, and the science is truly there
and the Administration has just been editing the reports it puts out to
suit them. I had not known that gore was an environmentalist from a long
time ago but he was, he has studied these things for decades.

Gotta run,
Mag

Tamar Raine
Now serving tee shirts! and soon to come, Maui posters and other items;
www.cafepress.com/tamarmag

Africa:=

http://edition=2Ecnn=2Ecom/2006/WORLD/africa/08/03/southafrica=2Eweather=2E=