C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Linda Macaulay <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Linda Macaulay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2006 23:16:18 -0400
Perhaps the "rules" have changed, but when I tried to get tuition assistance
from VR in 1991-1995, I went through all the physicals, meetings, paperwork
etc. for them to say they would pay for 80% of what was determined to be my
financial need.  Well, my financial need was deemed $0 and 80% of $0 is $0,
so I got no money.  My dad didn't make that much but my parents did own
their house outright at the time and I think that is what put us over.  Now,
I would still look into it anyway though, because I got to register early
for classes because of my mobility issues and THAT saved my parents lots of
money because I could get into all of the classes I needed since the
freshmen hadn't had the chance to register yet.

Linda