C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2006 15:13:58 -0400
Hi Kendall,

   Thanks. I spent some time in the emergency room but the injuries are minor, mild concussion, sprained shoulder and sprained knee (the one that just had surgery in Dec). Pain medication and anti-imflammatory for a bit and some time to feel better. I have spent the morning juggling money trying to figure out how to cover everything - If I get to teach my class in SEptemeber I at least have this school year covered. Amber didi just graduate in June from Northern Virginia Community College with her Associates Degree. She is starting the end of this month at Virginia Commonwealth University - VCU in Richmond - They have no housing so we had already commited to a house to share - nice old house - Amber has a big bedroom with a fireplace. The rent is 465 a month - the house has 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, livingroom, kitchen, laundry, diningroom, porch w/ a swing - yard, and is in walking distance from the school. I bought her a car in May - but she doesn't drive yet and I was struggling to find an affordable place to adapt the car for her. Its coming together - it just seems we make one step forward and then it unravels and we have to regroup. Thank for letting me vent.

                           Trisha