C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Jonathan Rand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:02:58 -0400
We r a disjointed, disconnected community who’s voice is barely a whisper in
washington.  The price is too high for us to fight, the way african
americans did in the 1950’s, so we do little or nothing as the rich ruling
class walks all over us.    Weer not a threat, so we get nothing from them.
Those of us who r strong enough to fight, have other concerns.  A more
normal life away from
DOODY-DIAPERS & power wheelchairs that don’t work in the rain.  So that
leaves the most severely disabled to suffer the consequences of inaction,
until they die, (to the relief of those around them).

Taking things away from many of us, is easier than taking candy from a baby.
  We have the support of almost no one in society.  People think weer
getting a free ride!  Nobody believes what’s happening!  They think
organizations like
U C P actually help people.  & the media is silent.
W B A I, (Pacifica Radio), here in new york, r the biggest hypocrites of
all.  Ultra left wing radio?  They still ignore us.  1 broadcast dealing
with disability issues, every few months is ridiculous!

Unless we become the squeeky wheel, we won’t get the grease.

But to fight, means risking possible death in a jail cell that would only be
an inconvenience to an able bodied person.

I don’t expect to ever get another powerchair.  I’m trying 2 drive a car, &
I’ll try & buy a mini-scooter to get me to & from the car.  B4 I got
GOO-GOO, (my Bounder), I was stranded in my neighborhood for 8 years with
scooters that didn’t work or couldn’t fit on a bus.  (Medicaid gave me the
scooter that didn’t fit on the bus!)

& we have no leaders.  No one to inspire us & lead us into battle.  Even
SUPERMAN was only concerned with his own miserible problems, & didn’t speak
out for our cause!

For those who can’t drive a car, (because of disability or poverty), it’s a
Hoveround for u!  :)

I think the only answer is for us to figure out how to catch the eye of the
media.  & those of us who have nothing to lose, & nothing to look forward to
except death, need to use their situation to help others in our community.
Call up a large radio or T V station & commit suicide on the air.  That’s
what I was planning to do at one point.

But as long as we do nothing, nothing will change.