C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Steve Allman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Jul 2005 23:12:58 -0400
Kathy Jo

You have CP and have limitations but you have rights.May I suggest you mave a serious sit down talk with your parents and maybe the case manager. There must be no threats and you must figure out what you want and then tell them. You sound like you need a Personal Care Attendant and I would suggest your Case Manager can help you look into this and how they will be paid.

It upsets me that your parents are threatening you when they know you cannot move out so you are stuck with them. However, your parents do need a break from taking care of you but you must look into options for when your parents cannot take care of you.

I do not want to sound mean but you must decide what you want and what you need. You have a disability and other problems but you can live without your parents help but you have to find out how for your sake.

Stephen Allman