From:
Michelle Azimov <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michelle Azimov <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 17:48:20 -0800

  Hi,
  I have a recipe I want to try out that requires miso paste.  Any suggestions?  I will summarize.  I just called Eden Foods, that makes several kinds of miso paste available in our local health food store.  Their response was as follows (kind of alarming barley is in it and not listed):

Dear Michelle,    Please note that none of our misos are gluten free. The Hacho Miso does   contain the Roasted Barley that I mentioned to you earlier. It is a   very minute amount that is needed to mix the Koji into the miso. We are   changing the package to list this new ingredient but it will not be in   stores until approximately June of this year. We are sorry for the   inconvenience that this has caused. Enclosed is an allergen list that   tells if each product is gluten free for you reference.  --   Sincerely,    Amy Baughey  Sales Administrator  Eden Foods, Inc.  701 Tecumseh Road  Clinton, Michigan  49236  Ph: 517-456-7424 ext. 256  Fax: 517-456-7025  www.edenfoods.com