From:
Moira Sheehan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Moira Sheehan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:55:44 -0700

Thank you all for the replies.  I would like to relay how this situation was
resolved.

In life, be it individually or professionally, we all make mistakes even
with the best of intentions.  It is how we rectify and learn from them that
reveals the character of the individual or organization.  I received an
order of flour from an online source that was contaminated with weevils.
Though this was very disturbing to me, I thought it would be best to see how
the company reacted to the problem prior to making snap decisions and this
was what many on this list recommended.  I reacted to this situation perhaps
more strongly than I should have.

I have ordered food from this company for many years and have always been
very impressed with their excellent customer service and never had a
problem.  My feeling now is that this was an isolated incident.  Here is how
the whole thing played out...
I left a voicemail for them late on Friday.

They called me as soon as they opened on Monday.

They have pulled the entire batch of flour from their shelves.

They had FedEx pick up the contaminated batch at their expense, from my
doorstep yesterday.

They offered me a refund or a replacement order. Refund to include the cost
of expedited shipping I used.

There was a credit to my credit card that appeared on Monday.

They were sincerely apologetic to me.

I will continue to order their products.  Anyone can make mistakes and some
are beyond their control. It's how they deal with it to rectify the
situation that is important to me. They did everything right.

I do not wish to publicly have some perceive that I would malign an
organization that I feel has done everything they can to fix a problem about
which they did not know until it was pointed out so I am not posting their
name.

Gluten free regards,
Moira Sheehan