From:
Ellen Allard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ellen Allard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 10:27:50 -0800

I am wondering what the thinking is on whether to keep pots, pans, and utensils from my pre-Celiac diagnosis days or purchase new ones (ouch!!!). I have several items that are my workhorses and I wonder if I can keep them. The cooking utensils are mostly made from stainless steel/metal, wooden spoons, silicon spatulas.
  Some of them still have some burnt on residue that I was just never able to completely remove when washing or scrubbing:

  Pots/Pans:

  1. Non-stick

  2. Stainless steel

  3. Cast iron

  4. Glass

  5. Porcelain or ceramic

  6. Anything else I'm leaving out?!?!?

  7. The new silicone type bakeware (the kind that are soft and pliable and stuff that you cook in them just slips out of them very easily).

  Thanks. I will summarize.

  Ellen A.