Date:
Tue, 11 Jul 2006 21:20:25 -0700

I just returned from vacation that took me to both coasts.  Here are
a few awesome restaurants that I enjoyed so much that I'm sharing
with you:

GREAT GF eating in NYC site!
http://www.silly-yak.com/gfny.htm

Risotteria
270 Bleeker Street (Greenwich Village)
New York City
212-924-6664
www.risotteria.com
>  As soon as you walk into this restaurant, they set some awesome
>homemade gf breadsticks in front of you.  Their risottos are gf.
>They also have gf pizza (can get with gf meatballs, too), gf
>pannini, gf beer, and gf desserts.  They also have gf freezer items.

Elliot Bay Cafe (Formerly Flying Apron)
101 South Main Street
Seattle, WA
206-624-6600
800-962-5311
http://www.elliottbaybook.com/about/cafe/index.jsp
>The website doesn't mention any gf items, I suspect because it
>hasn't been update since 2001, but trust me, therre are! They had
>some wonderful cookies and scones.  I had them make me a turkey
>sandwich on a blueberry scone that was absolutely fantastic.

The Dutch Bakery & Coffee Shop
718 Fort Street, Victoria, BC
250-385-1012
http://www.goforlunch.com/dutchbakery/index.htm
>  They don't mention it on their website but, their "fancy cookies"
>include a large amount of gf ones.  They are not labeled as such on
>the shelf but the help will immediately know what you want.
01 South Main St
The Joint Pizzeria and Deli
1219 Wharf Street, Victoria British Columbia,
250.389.2226
>Great gf pizza.  The even have it printed on their front window

I've found that one of the easiest ways to find gf restaurants in a
city your visiting is simple to Google (example) "Gluten Free
Restaurants Seattle."

Enjoy!
Nina : )
Diagnosed 1996