From:
Kathryn Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2008 15:28:32 -0600
From: "Keith Thomas" <[log in to unmask]>

Kathryn

You report your body was acidic. How did you measure
this? Ashley asked if you measured its acidity by checking
the pH of your blood. Is there any other measure?

Hi, Keith.  Thanks for the interesting/clarifying post.

I checked (and continue to check) my pH by saliva & urine once in a while
when I get up in the a.m.  there are specific ways in which this needs to be
done.

Saliva pH (what you are digesting) and urine pH (what you are excreting)
will be different from each other; urine pH will be more acidic.  Blood pH
should be very slightly alkaline.  While I understand that there are many
things that can affect pH such as lactic acid, exercise, breathing, etc.,
and that some areas of the body need to be acidic: vagina, stomach, colon...
I want my body to stay balanced with a very slightly alkaline pH.

My breast cancer was a very nasty type.  Although I have not seen any
further sign of it for nine years (my type usually metastasizes within the
first three years) and continue to have normal annual circulating tumor cell
blood tests, I try to keep my body as balanced as possible.  Having a
slightly alkaline pH is an attainable and sustainable goal for me.  Tumors
have fermentative metabolism, which results in acidic waste.  In fact, I've
read research recently regarding doctors using sodium bicarbonate to
actually kill tumors.  That said, I have talked to women who have been
treated with it with mixed results.

The information available on acid/alkaline and pH is, for me, somewhat
confusing.  I have developed a rather extensive anticancer protocol for
myself over the last nine years based on the specific type of breast cancer
that I had, most of it based on solid research, but the whole idea of the
necessity of keeping my pH somewhat alkaline is something I think of as a
theory rather than as probable fact.  That said, my cancer scared the
stuffing out of me, got my attention, and led me to develop a protocol that
has worked beautifully for me for almost a decade.

Kath