From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 22:23:32 -0700
On Mar 22, 2007, at 1:17 PM, Ashley Moran wrote:

> What I'd really like to know is how many people here think
> chocolate is bitter?  I've tried several 99% and 100% bars and they
> all taste quite sweet to me.  One of them tasted a bit acidic, and
> they all taste really strong, but they don't taste at all bitter.
>
> I've seen other people try the same stuff and nearly throw up...
>
> Am I unusual this way, or have I just lost my sweet tooth?
>
> Ashley

I don't eat any chocolate except for baking squares. They are the
only stuff I've seen that is sugar-free. I had one pound that lasted
several years, so it's not as if I were addicted to chocolate.

I don't find it bitter, really, just unsweet, but very, very
satisfying from a chocolate flavor point of view. Reminds me of when
I used to eat it. There are a lot of foods like that for me, where
the flavor group itself can take the place of the now off-limits
food. I have a Chai tea that reminds me of my former homemade
gingerbread. And I make scrambled eggs with vanilla and nutmeg that
stand in for French toast or egg nog. The flavors are seemingly more
important than the physical craving for sugar or grain.

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!