From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 16:48:00 -0600
On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 15:41:38 -0600, Philip <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> My point
> was that if a food, whether animal or plant, is valuable enough, some
> people will steal it.

Sure.  Some people will steal anything they think is valuable, food or
otherwise.  No argument there.

> Believe it or not, people already steal commercial livestock today,

I know that.  Cattle rustling isn't just in the old west.  It has happened
around my hometown recently, for example.

> Anyone who believes in the validity of Paleolithic nutrition surely
> believes the truth will eventually gradually win out

That is not the case.  I believe in the validity of the paleo dietary
principles, yet I have little reason to believe that the truth will win
out.  In the mass market, money talks.  Agribusiness is **huge**, and has
powerful lobbyists, public relations firms, laboratories, and even
legislators under their influence.  The best product in the marketplace
doesn't necessarily win out -- there's much more involved than just having
the right idea.

>> Grains aren't going away.
>
> Grains are not a Paleo food

I wasn't saying they were.  I'm just saying they're not going away. Grains
will be grown, and people will eat them.  It doesn't matter that they're
not paleo, people will still eat them.  It doesn't even matter if the
surgeon general comes out tomorrow and says that all grains are horrible,
people will still eat them.  Just because something isn't good for you
doesn't stop people from consuming it (ask any tobacco producer).

--
   Robert Kesterson