From:
Regina Lubbers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 06:43:23 -0400
Yes, they are noisy.  It can also be painful in the beginning.  Just use
less pressure when you first start out.  Your gums have to get used to it.
After a week slowly increase the pressure.  I had a few painful spots in the
beginning that I would avoid for a few days and then they were fine.

I have never heard that a WaterPik would loosen your teeth.  We chew and
bite into food all day, if that does not loosen them I don't think pulsing
water would.  I have read somewhere though that if you have a lot of amalgam
fillings you would  be better off using a WaterPik than brushing.
Supposedly the brushing releases the mercury in the fillings.

Regina