From:
Regina Lubbers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:08:14 -0400
Yes, I have eaten Grasslandbeef's 75% ground beef raw.  It was quite tasty
and safe to eat.  Then in January I ordered 25  pounds of it and noticed
that some packages had a peculiar smell to them.  Almost like a metallic
smell and it gave me a burning sensation in my mouth and throat.  The people
at Grasslandbeef were very helpful and exchanged the entire shipment, but
the next shipment had the same problem.  They took that one back also.  I
have not ordered ground beef from them since then.  Sticking to pemmican,
roasts and stew meat.  Also, during the summer I noticed the same  burning
sensation in my mouth after eating raw ground buffalo.  Even though the
buffalo did not have a metallic smell.  Now I am wondering if something
happens to the ground meat as it is being processed.