Date:
Mon, 18 Sep 2006 06:36:04 -0700
> All food on the modern table has been bred for centuries to produce the most return for the least investment.  That includes meat, eggs, veggies, fruits, etc.  Few of them bear any resemblance to their wild forefathers.

Grassfed beef is not different in any substantive manner from mammoth
meat.  Eggs, like fruit, were only available seasonally.  Same with
veggies.  The only essential food item for humans is meat.

> It doesn't necessarily tell me that all carbs are evil, to all people, all the time.

Very true.

> Your body *will* get some carbs, even if it has to manufacture them out of protein.

Not true.  If your protein intake stays below a certain amount -- about
three or four pack of cards sized portions a day according to Rosedale
-- the body won't turn protein to glucose via gluconeogenesis.

Carbs aren't harbingers of death, just like smoking the occasional cigar
isn't gonna kill you.  But I like Todd Moody's idea that you need to
*limit* you exposure to insulin.

Jim