From:
Michael Raiti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Apr 2005 14:51:09 -0400
I am familiar with the Maker's Diet.  The ideas of the book are
somewhat similar to the ideas of Weston Price.  He thinks that carbs
should be restricted.  He places an emphasis on gut bacteria.  He is
big on acidophilus and fermentation.  He says to avoid cows milk but
thinks that goat's milk is good.  He suggests using bone broths.  He
had a severe case of Crohn's disease and his recommendations are
based on his experience of overcoming Crohn's.  The most useful thing
I got from his book is use of bone broths. He understands the
importance of fats and saturated fat. Although he thinks carbs should
be restricted he includes yeast-free naturally fermented sourdough
breads.  He thinks yoguart is beneficial.  In limiting carbs he
limits most fruits.

Whereas Neanderthin and Cordain are based on Paleolithic evidence,
Jordan Rubin looks to the traditional diet of Old Testament Jews,
hence the name of the book.  He suggests avoidance of pork products
and shellfish.  He includes recipes.  Many of the recipes, if I
remember correctly use fermented products such as goat milk.  He also
recommends the use of coconut oil and grass-fed meat.
He recommends partial day fasts weekly.

He has information on herbs.

The book also goes beyond diet and discuss hygiene.  He attritubes
the high incident of allergy to our modern sterile living conditions.

I hope this was helpful.

Mike R.