From:
Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 23:04:21 +0000
On Mar 01, 2005, at 1:44 pm, Michael Raiti wrote:

> I agree.  I had been trying to get much of my fat from olive oil.
> Recently I have been eating more hamburger and goose fat and have
> notice I definite improvement in satiety and being able to avoid
> snacks between meals.
>
> Mike
>>

>> I'd also use caution regarding his advice to favor
>> mono as opposed to saturated fats.  Nothing will kill
>> a carb craving faster than  a good dose of saturated
>> fat.  If I tried to make the paleo transition using
>> olive oil as opposed to fatty meat, I never would have
>> made it.
>>
>> Mark

Add me to the list- I find olive oil completely unsatisfying.  My body
hardly registers it as food.  Also, it recognises some nuts much more
than others.  I find hazelnuts and walnuts very satiating, but pecans,
macadamias and pistachios far less so.  The difference is mainly that a
100g bad of the first two feels like a full meal and really stops me
wanting to eat, but the last three leave me still with some appetite.
Is it a coincidence that the first two are traditional old world nuts?

Ashley