From:
"Paula H." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2005 13:25:23 -0500
I have been eating low carb since 11/01/96.  I began eating low carb mainly
paleo about two years later.

I have always eaten all the fat on my meats, and I gravitate towards high
fat cuts like chuck steak, chicken wings or thighs, turkey wings.

My cholesterol before I changed the way I ate was 199-210, can't remember
exact number.

In May, 2003, I had blood work done.  My total cholesterol was 165.  My HDL
was 63, and my LDL was 94.  My triglycerides were 51.

My doctor, who does not approve of low carb, was very impressed that my HDL
was over 60 with no drugs.  Obviously, I don't have the inherited propensity
for high cholesterol that some do, but eating a high fat diet for years
improved my numbers.

Paula H.

 Michael Raiti
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2005 11:23 AM
Has anyone who switched over to eating a high saturated fat (animal
fats) diet for an appreciable amount of time have any lab work that shows
the effect of the dietary change on blood chemistry (HDL, LDL,
etc.) ?

Mike