From:
Andrea Hughett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 10:24:42 -0800
--- Kevin Eifler <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

 My main question is this: did anyone out
> there find themselves eating a limited array of
> meals frequently in the beginning or does anyone do
> this currently? ...>
> Also how long does it take on average for Paleofolks
> to prepare their meals? What are some
> preferred cooking methods? One last one: does anyone
> plan out meal schedules in advance?

I tend to throw several roasts, chicken pieces,
burgers, and so on in the oven all at once, then cut
them up into meal size portions and put them in the
fridge.  Vegetables I wash, chop, and portion, and
store in the fridge raw but ready to roll.  Come
mealtime, I can either make soup (throw veggies and
meat in stock and cook until veggies are done), salad
(toss meat and veggies with olive oil and vinegar or
lemon juice), or stir-fry.  Breakfast is most often
veggies and meat scrambled with eggs.  Season to taste
with herbs, spices, garlic, mustard, what have you....

Fruit and nuts are easy enough to eat out of hand as
snack or dessert - although  I also make a "pudding"
with almond butter and psyllium fiber, and sometimes
throw almond butter or tahini into a sauce/salad
dressing, or sprinkle sunflower seeds on a salad.
Have also been known to do a bread-type thing with
flax seeds and nut meal or nut butter...purists may
frown on that sort of thing, but it sure beats
indulging in crackers and muffins.

Hope that helps - everyone basically finds their own
style of paleo preparation and eating.  If you want
more details, feel free to ask.

Andrea