ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 19:14:47 -0700
Here is a combo of church humor and putting things in your mouth, two
stories:

Once when we were kids or youth, we were having snacks at summer vacation
Bible School.  Someone handed me what looked like a cookie at first touch.
I was going to eat it, but a neighbor boy protested, "Don't eat it!"  It was
a sand dollar they were passing around or someone wanting to show me."

When I was in my 20's, and I think this was in the same church where I grew
up, I was sitting between two of my nieces, who were 10 and 11.  During the
sermon, one of them handed me something that was shaped about like an Easter
egg candy.  It was much later than Easter, so maybe I should have known
better?  hahahaha!  Anyway, I examined it, put it up to my nose.  Hmm, it
doesn't smell like anything.  I decided that maybe it was something to eat,
and if it wasn't, I was somewhat prepared.  I took a bite, and it went
crunch into little tasteless pieces of shell.  One of my nieces told her
sister what I was doing, and she cried, "Noooooooo!"  I let the thing drop
out of my mouth and land where it wanted to without looking for the mess!
It was a bird's egg they were trying to show me!  Later she said she tried
to tell me what it was, but I didn't hear her.

Sharon