ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 11:03:44 -0600
David,

I just tossed that rope in the fire, ain't no hanging going on around here
brother lol. It isn't hard to do I'll grant you that, but you just invoked
me to make a couple more comments lol. As far as God's will to heal or not
heal, we'll miss that one, but I do want to say you have some great
points.  One of the tag lines in my email program, which I didn't make up
but I love is... "People are looking for a move of God, while God is
looking for a move of people". You are right there is a wicked and shallow
group of people, some chasing only the flighty weird stuff and others who
are young believer's going astray looking for signs and wonders.  I find
that appalling actually. I've been too close to that situation and thank
God for his gracing me with prudence and wisdom to not enter that. I'll
tell ya, there are some strange folk out there in the name of Christianity.
Anyway, I think you'd agree, at least I hope you would see, that we aren't
here, looking for such wonderments of God for some oogly googly, uokie
spooky, goose bump of a chiller of a feeling, but rather honestly looking
at Word, our situation and our feelings towards our situation. You are
right, the church has become very selfish. A pastor in these parts was
earning $93,000 a year all up with bennies and etc. from a church with 200
folks in it, the total budget for the entire church is only $125,000 so
that already gives you a perspective. And when he was approached to have
his salary cut by $6,000 he wasn't happy and suggested they cut back
missions. Well how much missions can they do on the remaining balance of
his compensation of a $125,000 budget considering the rest of the operating
costs? How can we expect congregation members to see generosity and the
real reason for a church's existence if it is led as such? I'm not picking
on pastors, it was just a prime example that came to mind. Yes even not
offering help among fellow congregation members shows that too. I agree
with you it is a problem. I'm thankful we have people like Greg and Kathy
out there doing God's work for God's purpose, God's glory, and helping
those who need it.

Brad

Brad

   Do not change your theology to accommodate a tragedy