ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:17:59 -0500
Brad,
My jaw is dropping as I read this!  Are you sure that you are dealing
with your son and not my son Matthew!  We've just had to lower the
boom on the boy!  He's actually content to just lay around watching
anime  and going to his dish washing job.  We did start charging him
rent finally last October and once he got his drivers license he had
to start paying his part of the car insurance as well and we really
rag him about continuing to pay off his debt to Calvin or I'm afraid
that he'd ignore it.  We've finally let him know that when that debt
is payed off, he'd better be planning his next step or I'm sure he'd
be very happy to just hang around here and vegetate and Greg and I
refuse to support it!  He has no drive, no ambition, no dream and
he's almost 20.  True, he's a good kid.  ?We get along with him
pretty well and he doesn't cause the emotional turmoil that Chris
did, but still, I want to be done with the hands on parenting of this
guy and begin to watch him fly!    You do learn a lot about God from
parenting, don't you.
Kathy