ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 22:28:09 -0600
Kathy,

As far as pastor visits and etc., I've never been big on that sort of
thing. I know it is expected in some denominations though. I do believe
however that the pastor ought have the smell of his flock on his person.
That is be intune with this flock, touchable, willing to stop in a pay with
someone if needed or meet with them and etc. That is important.  I've seen
that too where prayer groups will remain diplomatic and vague, and the real
issues are left unspoken.  It takes a bit of trust to say stuff in the
midst of a group so as to not become the topic of gossip in the name of
prayer outside that group. Immediately whenb I hear someone talkl about
another, I think I wonder what they talk about me to the next person. I
think too that issues that we might have may involve otehrs and speaking
out in need of prayer, if that got out, could hurt someone else as a
result. Integrity, honor, and respect is needed.

Brad