ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 06:18:29 -0600
Yes Leah must have been very lonely. Had you noticed as well upon having
Judah, the link to Jesus, that she didn't mention of her husband's love, or
that perhaps now she could be loved, but rather simpley praised God. Even
Lamen was being used of God to set up the lineage of Leah through her son
Judah.

Brad

At 03:12 AM 1/21/2006 -0800, you wrote:
>Concerning Jacob's marriage to Leah.  As she had weak eyes, and in those
>days the greatest thing in a woman's life was to bare children and to gain
>esteem from baring male children, who would marry her as she was not as fine
>looking as was Rachel.  If Laban had allowed Jacob to marry Rachel as Jacob
>had wanted how then would Leah be fulfilled as a woman?  This you have to
>consider when considering Laban's actions toward her.  He only wanted the
>best for both his daughters.  In that time how many of us would have fared
>well in the marriage department.  I fear not well. Also, as a young man do
>you think Jacob would have married Leah first if Laban had told him what he
>was going to do in the beginning.
>
>He had no fond inclinations toward Leah because after baring each child she
>mourned the fact he didn't love her and that perhaps this child would cause
>him to love her.  How sad a woman must she have been always knowing her
>husband didn't want her.  But perhaps she could take comfort in her
>children.  Her father made sure of that.

Brad

   Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot