ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 10:56:42 -0600
Kathy,

How cool is all that. Not much else to say, maybe the van died so Greg
could witness to the sales guy because he'll need God in his life for
something he is about to go through. Looking at the recent thread of Jacob
and etc. it appears we are cogs in a complex wheel we really can't see it's
entire circumference from our position.

Brad

At 11:28 AM 1/20/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>Brad,
>          Thanks for trying, but, evidently, by the time Greg gotit to
>the mechanic yesterday, the transmission was the only good thing on
>it.  GRIN!  Greg ended up going back to our friendly used  car  lot
>to try out new vans, well, new to us anyway.  When the mechanic had
>turned on our car, it roared so bad that he said that it just wasn't
>worth it.  Greg took it down the road to a guy who works on junk cars
>and, I guess that we will get about $200 for it; just enough to pay
>the car excise  tax on whatever we get next.  Even the junk dealer
>said that it was in pretty rough shape.
>          We've received a lot of blessings out of this latest
>adventure though.  First of all, the timing of this couldn't have
>been better.  Greg already has his sermon finished because he didn't
>use it last Sunday due to low attendance at church on account of the
>weather.  This means that Greg had a little extra time this week,
>whatever that means in the life of a pastor.  Secondly, Greg will be
>working almost full time at the post office for about four months,
>beginning some time soon because the regular that he subs for is
>having shoulder surgery and will be out of commission for at least
>that long.  It would have been a lot worse if the van had died then
>because Greg wouldn't have  had any time to sspare to shop for
>something else.  The third blessing came this morning.  Greg did find
>something yesterday that he can use, a pretty inexpensive van that
>will do the job, but the credit union that we have our loan on our
>other car with,  wouldn't consider extending the loan to this other
>van because it was too old.  Anyway, out of the blue, and the
>salesman has never seen this happen before, they called back and
>changed there minds.  All Greg and I did through all of this is just
>continue to pray.  We figured that if the Lord didn't want us to have
>that vehicle that he knew things that we didn't.  Anyway, when the
>credit union called back, they also offered a lower interest rate
>than anybody else and the salesman couldn't explain that one
>either.  It's not over yet, but Greg has been using the opportunity
>to really talk a lot about the Lord's blessings and provision to the
>salesman and the guy is just, sort of in awe.  Oh yah, the dealership
>is replacing the ulternater for free as well on this other van before
>Greg picks it up.
>          I don't know what will happen next.  I know that we aren't
>getting a high quality vehicle.  It's a 99 WindStar, I believe, but
>you don't necessarily want a brand new car for doing rural mail work
>anyway.  It won't stay looking new for long, especially on those
>nasty washboard dirt roads.  I guess that we're just at peace about
>the whole thing.
>          Ned, you had mentioned putting in $1,000 for repares.  Well,
>we had already sunk $2,000 for a new transmission last June that
> [...]

Brad

   Nothing else ruins the truth like stretching it