ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 19 Jan 2006 05:59:01 -0600
That was my point Angel. From this end we can see God's hand in it all,
while at the time those  involved must have saw it as trickery or
deception. And posing as someone else, and then outrightly lying about it
when asked are you Esau and you are not isn't quite non-deceptive. It is a
quandry when you think of  how it played out in that instance.

Brad

At 04:02 AM 1/19/2006 -0800, you wrote:
>It wasn't trickery, as the elder daughter was to be married prior to the
>younger and there was obviously no one either around or willing to marry
>poor Leah with the weak eyes.
>   Also Jacob didn't really deceive his father as God meant him to have the
>birthrite.  Esau was a temporal man who failed to understand the entire
>significance of the birthrite.  He believed it was worth nothing, whereas
>Jacob understood more fully even though not completely it's significance for
>us today.  This is why God smiled on him because he worked completely within
>the will of God.  We don't know the mental state of Isaac and whether he
>would have understood why Jacob did what he did to obtain the birthrite.  If
>you assume Jacob actually deceived, you must assume God condones deceit and
>he clearly does not.----- Original Message -----

Brad

   He who angers you controls you