ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 08:51:43 -0600
OK Kathy and anyone else using Eudora and needing to rid the subscription,
unsubscription, archive  info and etc.  from reading first. ,

First I am using a paid version of Eudora so I'm not sure if all the menu
items and choices are there with the "lite" version, probably so but I'm
not certain so follow  along and perhaps you'll have to explore a bit more,
but I think it is all the same.

1. Press ALT + T for Tools menu
2. Press "o" or arrow up once for "Options" menu.
3. Arrow down through the option categories until you hear "Content
Concentrator"
4. Tab once and depending on your screen reader, it will say something like
"single message profiles. Preview pane" and then it will say the setting
you are on in the combo box. Either "none", "terse", or "compact". This
setting doesn't matter unless you use the preview pane to view messages
without opening them. I doubt anyone does with speech, perhaps but I'd
doubt it.
5. Tab a second time and it will say something like, "single message
profiles. Message Window". And then it will read the setting for the
message window, again either none, terse or compact. This should be set on
"compact". So arrow accordingly to find it. I think "terse" will leave who
the message is from and date or something as such if you care to have that
in your message, I didn't mess with it but read the help file on it.
  6. Press "enter" and you ought be set.

There are other options and settings in this category as well. I'd
suggest  as in any Eudora options setting, if you are in a particular
option category, just press F1 and it will tell you all about the  various
settings in that option. Very cool help system they have in that regard as
you don't have to fumble through tons of combo boxes, tree
lists,  different window pains, links and etc. to read help. Microsoft
ought take notes  and learn from Qualcomm's help system lol.

Hope that helps.

Brad